Romieu Garden

The Romieu garden, situated below the Palace of the Governors and the bastion of Saint Charles, drops along a row terraces down into the sea. It was layed out in 1874 and 1875, in a place where previously there were only rocky mounds and wild bushes. From the garden you access to the monumental staircase Romieu, which constitutes the most beautiful ornament of the southern pier of the Old harbor. It was built between 1871 and 1873 according to the plans of the Bastian architect Paul-Augustin Viale. This staircase with its harmonious curves, ornamented with supported vases, a standpipe, a niche with a statue and elegant banisters of wrought iron, directly links the district of the citadel to the new pier.
Suivez-nous


Logo Office de tourisme de bastia Logo Cap corse Logo Nebbiu Logo CTC Logo ATC

Newsletter

Office de Tourisme BASTIA Place Saint Nicolas 20200 Bastia 04 95 54 20 40
Fax : 04 95 54 20 41
Mail : ot-bastia@wanadoo.fr
Réalisation Corsicaweb | Crédits photos | Mentions légales
En poursuivant votre navigation sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies pour vous proposer des services et offres adaptés à vos centres d’intérêts.FERMER  x