The Citadel

The initial fortress "Bastiglia" gave its name to the city.

It was built from 1380 by the Genovese governor Leonello Lomellini, who established himself in Biguglia, not far from there. Note that in 1378, the Republic of Genoa, at the time militarily and financially weakened, entrusted "Maona" (a merchant company) to calm the island by granting sole rights to trade salt, iron and business in general for three years. It was owned by the Genovese until the island was transfered to France in 1768. At the beginning of the 21st century, the parts destroyed during the Second World War were reconstructed, so as to provide the palace of the Governors with a museum of art and history.

Suivez-nous


Logo Office de tourisme de bastia Logo Cap corse Logo Qualité Tourisme Logo CTC Logo ATC

Newsletter

Office de Tourisme BASTIA Place Saint Nicolas 20200 Bastia 04 95 54 20 40
Fax : 04 95 54 20 41
Mail : ot-bastia@wanadoo.fr
Réalisation Corsicaweb | Crédits photos | Mentions légales
En poursuivant votre navigation sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies pour vous proposer des services et offres adaptés à vos centres d’intérêts.FERMER  x